The Wildlife Society’s awards program honors professional excellence, recognizes outstanding achievement, and highlights contributions to wildlife science and management.
The first TWS award (Honorary Membership) was bestowed on J.N. (Ding) Darling in 1938, just one year after the founding of TWS. Through the years many new awards have been established to recognize accomplishments in wildlife publications, management, science, and professionalism.
Special recognition by The Wildlife Society promotes the professional growth of our members, provides our membership with role models, and strengthens the image of our membership in the eyes of their peers, employers, our leadership, and society.
We encourage members to recognize the contributions of their peers by participating in the nomination process. Detailed nomination instructions are available in December for the following year.
- Aldo Leopold Memorial Award
- Caesar Kleberg Award For Excellence in Applied Wildlife Research
- Chapter and Student Chapter of the Year Awards
- Conservation Education Award
- Distinguished Service Award
- Diversity Award
- Excellence in Wildlife Education Award
- Fellows Program
- Group Achievement Award
- Honorary Membership
- Jim McDonough Award
- Rusch Memorial Game Bird Research Scholarship
- Special Recognition Service Award
- Student Chapter Advisor of the Year
- Wildlife Publication Awards